RE: Re: Urox

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 00:13:54 +0100

Hi All,

Thanks guys, for the positive feedback. :)

To answer Wulf, yes, this is a write-up of Urox from a Theist rather than an Animist point of view. There are a couple of good reasons though:

  1. I haven't seen a copy of Hero Wars yet, and I don't feel confident with writing up an Animist POV Urox quite yet. Once I've had a chance to read a copy, I think I'll give it a go, though,
  2. I'm writing from the point of view of Sartarites, as that's where the game I'm running at the moment is set. I am trying to get another going set in Prax, though, so I'll need to look into the Praxian POV more soon. :)

Nice suggestion about the "Fight On" secret. I think I'll come up with a revised version once I've put a bit more thought in, and read HW too.

I put in "Stare Down Foe" as a Feat rather than a Skill because, having been stared down by an angry bull deserve, it seems that as followers of a divine bull, the Uroxi deserve to have that as something rather "mythic" rather than just a skill.
And yes, some of the skills are rather tongue in cheek, but I think that is just carrying on an old Gloranthan tradition. Just look at some of the HW keywords. If the Heortling Ernalda the Leader and Orlanth Rex keywords can include Bully, I see no reason why Urox can't have it too. :)

Picking "Smell Stench of Chaos" was just a way of phrasing it nicely. If you can come up with a new phrase that both sounds nice and encompasses other senses, like a shiver down the spine or something, that's very cool. I'll go away and think about it too...

Trotsky:

Adding Storm Age to the description is good. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm sure this is the sort of thing me having a copy of HW will help with. :)

I'm planning to play with a Malia write-up next, as I need to use a Malia Shaman in my game. I think I'll leave that till I have a copy of the rules, though.

Regards,

Bruce