Re: Why invest HPs into a magic weapon...

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:42:00 -0800

>On the assumption that you expend a HP to create a weapon with 12
>skill in some skill that can be used to augment your CC, and
>increasing that weapons skill is by HPs (1 for 1), but the bonus you
>get is an augment, 1/10th, and that you could simply increase your
>CC skill instead...

I've never created a magic item in play, but I've created many in character creation, and gotten some during play (including on heroquest).

But once you have a magic item, it's well worth improving it/your relationship to it. I put a lot of points into Nallindia's magical boat "Snapper," for example. The boat was useful, and more points made it more useful.

And when I had the Lerith Sword, I definitely wanted to put points into it because it was so magical and had so many uses. Only one of which was augmenting.

I agree that the average player isn't going to be making magic items.

--

David Dunham   dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html