Re: HW Ancient Greece?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:46:53 -0800

> Character generation can still use the regular methods of creating
characters; the 100-word method should be especially good for thios purpose. However, beyond the regular occupational keywords, I'm a little stumped when it comes to magic systems.

Well, most people don't seem to use "magic" as we recognize it in Glorantha. When starting a journey, sacrafice to the gods so they don't put trouble in your way. When in trouble appeal to your patron god(dess). That's about it. Individual items are magical, a very few people (and you've identified probably half of them already :-) ) do magic, but the rest is "scream for help". A few people do have magical talents (Heracles' Strength, the Winged sons of the North Wind, Achilles' enchanted skin). I certainly would be leery of letting people have more than one "affinity" from mommy or daddy!

Common Magic is basically "Lucky Charms (no, not the cereal). They *only* provide an augment, never used as a direct effect. So a Rabbit's Foot charm might give "Leap +2", a "see in the dark" charm let you see in the dark but not provide light, etc.

RR