Re: Space Hero Wars

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:12:54 -0000

Essentially you now start with a certain number of key words, and possibly other broad skills, with a starting value, call it 17. Anything within that keyword or broad skill can start at that value, but each has to be bought up individually. Hence: Close Combat 17:
  spear & shield 1W
  brawl 17
  sword & shiled 18

Or
Hunter 17
  Track 17
  Butcher 17
  Know prey animal 19
  Stalk 2W
  etc....

Or
Tough 13
  Ignore pain 17
  Endure cold 14
  Work without break 13

(the alternative on broad skills is to make it more specific and other uses take a penalty, so instead of just taking tough, take "Tough: ignore pain" as a normal ability, then any other usage takes a penalty based on how close it is to that.

--Bryan