Re: Big, Small, headaches....

From: Alexandre Lanciani <takenegi_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:05:22 +0100

Jane Williams, janewilliams20_at_...:

> OTOH, if Big and Small are a measure of how well the
> hero (or dog) can apply those properties (which seems
> more HW-like).

I would say "how much the hero's (or dog's) ability is a factor in the story", otherwise I very much agree. I prefer this interpretation to boosting all stats in, say, AR (I'm not against that book, really, I love it!) by a mastery to make them fit to a single scale (which has to be redefined every time a new creatures shows up -- it's hard to keep consistency over all the products coming from the most disparate people!).

I'm really afraid of the mastery runaway. :)

Btw, the way your worded the subject line gave me the following thought: in HW, there isn't an absolute zero, because I can take the contrary ability and increase it.

--
Regards,
Alexandre.