Re: Big, Small, headaches....

From: Alexandre Lanciani <takenegi_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:42:05 +0100

Peter Larsen, peterl_at_...:

> If a task is automatic for a Bison Rider, it should be
> similarly automatic for anyone with a sufficiently high Ride (Beast)
> ability, although the Narrator might rule that people from a
> background that did not emphasize doing tricks on beast back get a
> minus to their ability from lack of practice.

Exactly. Or change resistances. I'm usually very subjective (aribtrary? ;) ) on assessing resistances anyway. Isn't it simpler to change things when they matter than to worry about them from the beginning? In other words, I'd apply modifiers only if there's a Bison Rider that attempts the same action, or make the task easier for him by lowering the resistance to his roll, otherwise I wouldn't bother. And only if I wanted to emphasize the point.

--
Regards,
Alexandre.