+1 per 10 (was Re: Big, Small, headaches....)

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:47:59 -0000

> Taken out of context, but does anybody else think that +1 auto-
> augment per 10 points of ability is a little low?

A little, but if you use a different number I'd recommend +1 per 5 rather than 8. Most people can do multiplication by 5 very easily. However if I did take this step (I'm toying with the idea) I think I'd also cap all augments at +5.

I am still resisting changign this though. I think it risks making augments the main factor is too many contests. The main factor in who wins should generaly be the main abilities, with augments just shifting the odds a little.

Simon Hibbs