Re: +1 per 10 (was Re: Big, Small, headaches....)

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:09:44 +0000

>Taken out of context, but does anybody else think that +1 auto-
>augment per 10 points of ability is a little low?

Seems fine for beginning characters, but breaks down when the augmenting ability reaches the W2 level. Then you are nearly always better off rolling. I've considered using a formula of something like 1 plus (1 if target number 10 or over) plus (1 if target number is 20) plus (2 for the first mastery) plus (4 per additional mastery). But that is far too hard for actual use in play.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson