Re: Re: Walking

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:08:58 +0000 (GMT)

> > > Someone asked something like "What is the rating
> of
> > > an ability 'no
> > > self-respecting hero would fail at' " (e.g.
> walk).
> > >
> > > My answer: 0w2. (that's right, Zero with Two
> > > Masteries. Not Twenty with One Mastery)

> > Might I suggest, if it hasn't already happened,
> and
> > isn't already too late, this this goes into the
> New
> > Rules somewhere?

> I doubt it will, to be honest. One of the main
> concerns of HeroQuest
> was to reduce the sheer number of 'special cases.'

And the whole pooint of this is to replace an excessive number of potential special cases with one number.
"No skill" = 6
"Always succeeds" = 0W2
So you never have to write down or figure out anything that translates as either of these things.

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com