Re: Taglines for Hero Points

From: miker19036 <miker_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:16:36 -0000

The only problem I have with this is that it goes counter to what I perceive to be the purpose of the free Hero Point at the start of a session. The characters are supposed to be heros, and having Hero Points to bump results with helps reinforce that. The benefit of a Hero Point at the beginning of a session (my players tend to do advancement at the start of sessions, so they get the one free one AFTER that) is to ensure that the player has a Hero Point to bump with, without having to feel that they're curtailing their advancement. If they don't use it, then it's a little reward for doing well enough not to need it.

The reason I bring this up is because it seems like in order to work and be appropriate to the theatrical inspiration this seems to have, it would have to occur during play, so the player wouldn't be starting off with that one HP at the start.

There's already HP awards for good roleplaying, so this seems a little redunant to me (barring just inspiring taglines).

Mike Ryan