Re: Re: Big, Small, headaches....

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 18:07:37 +0000 (GMT)

> Secondly, we are in danger of allowing worries about
> the rules to obstruct the flow of the narrative of
> the story. My understanding is that the overriding
> principle for HW is that when in doubt the needs of
> the narrative takes precedence.

Ideally, the rules should be so simple and intuitive that their use does not disrupt the flow of the game. HW comes pretty close to this. HQ sounds as if it may come even closer. But they're so different from other systems that it takes a while to get your head around them and see just how apparently complex things can be done in a simple and elegant way.

> Can two completely opposing view be held at the same
> time?

In Glorantha, definitely: all the time!

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com