Re: Walking

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 20:08:37 +0000 (GMT)

> Sorry, but it's pretty much in the "too late"
> category - this was dreamed up
> just as I was writing it, so playtesting would be
> needed (or we'd face
> Nick's acerbic comments somewhere down the line ;-)

And quite right too.

> After all, if we included the 0w2 rule, we'd then
> also have to tell people
> how to use it, as it was specifically meant to be a
> "never roll this number" rule.

That's true. Though just on its own, 20W1 style, would be an improvement on no information at all. It gives scale.

>... and if HQ is going to come out anywhere
> *near* schedule, we just don't have the time for it.

This professional publishing thing is *so* different from the club magazines I do. Main content finalised last Friday of the month, editing, checking, last minute additions to be done over the weekend and early part of the week, print it Thursday/Friday, hit post Saturday. It's a different scale. Even documentation to go with the computer projects I write: "by June" means "forever" for the entire project, never mind about the manuals. And yes, that does include testing.

> For now, I'd say "keep it in the back of your mind
> as you play". Hmm, I
> think I'll write it up Pyramid and make it
> semi-official (and at least
> available to a larger audience than just this list).

Sounds better than nothing. Maybe let the list play-test it for a bit first?

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com