Re: +1 per 10 (was Re: Big, Small, headaches....)

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 20:14:56 -0800

James

> Taken out of context, but does anybody else think that +1 auto-
> augment per 10 points of ability is a little low?

Yes.

> Maybe 1 per 8 would be more reasonable, leaving rolled augments at +1
> per 5.

That was the number I proposed. The easier to deal with 10 is what the rules will be.

> Then have players roll for their augments. Its fast and easy to use
> for beginning players and at lower levels.

I always hated rolling for augments, because it slows things down. (It might have helped if we'd started out having players roll their own damn augments, instead of using the Narrator as resistance as with all other magic.)

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>