Re: Re: Why invest HPs into a magic weapon...

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 21:04:48 +0000

David Dunham wrote:

> But once you have a magic item, it's well worth improving it/your
> relationship to it. I put a lot of points into Nallindia's magical
> boat "Snapper," for example. The boat was useful, and more points
> made it more useful.

I'd say that was generally true of most abilities in HW. If you don't spend HPs on an ability, it is 'left behind'. The Narrator naturally chooses contests that exercise characters' favoured abilities. As the gulf between favoured and neglected abilities widens it becomes more and more worthwhile to try and use the favoured ability (taking an improv. penalty if necessary).