+1 per 10 (was Re: Big, Small, headaches....)

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:44:24 -0000

I'll second Dave here:

> There are other terrible problems with the maths of augments
> anyway... Still, no one ever listens to arguments based on
> making the maths work.

I think we'll have to accept that, as is so often the case when the "log" word emerges, Issaries Inc simply can't perceive the problems we all see.

Maybe the answer is for a bunch of rules-literate types (e.g. first edition playtesters) to come up with a Pyramid article consisting of *constructive* suggestions and examples aimed at making augmentation more understandable and/or acceptable to people who may be concerned about the maths.

As this should simplify the rules for newcomers (i.e. by adding some definition about what's "reasonable" and what's not within the spirit of the rules), I don't think it'll be too offputting...

Cheers, Nick