Re: Re: True logarithmic augmentation

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:57:18 +0000

>Ok, +1 per 10 breaks down a little at the top end, but even if
>you're augmenting with a w3 ability, that's still only a modifier
>of +7 or +8. That's big, but not to a system breaking extent, by
>any means.

Well I have kind of the exact opposite problem. A (say) 10W3 ability can go for a +10 (resistance : 10W2) and will achieve something like +20 25% of the time, +10 almost all the remainder, with only a (nearly) one in twenty chance of a negative result. By comparison the +7 automatic modifier isn't too impressive. Given the rule is supposed to stop players rolling lots of dice, it fails miserably at the high end.

On the other hand, +1 per five gives a +14 that seems a little generous, but not ridiculously so. I'm very tempted...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson