Re: +1 per 10 ; 10 per +n

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:59:41 +0100

Nick :

> > my House Augmentation Rules, in case anyone's interested :
>
> I'm always interested. The only missing "nuance" (which I was missing
> too, until recent discussions with Stephen Martin sorted me out) is
> that most automatic augments now take no time -- they're "always on".

Yep, I'd realised that (yay!), but even if that wasn't so it'd still be my house rule.

> This being so, it becomes more reasonable to use a different scale for
> variable augments in HQ -- if you're spending a whole action to
> augment, you deserve to get a better "average" in return.

At high ability levels, my rules *will* actually give you more bang for your buck : if you roll for a Bonus one or two points lower than your automatic one, you can get more + ... :-)

I just don't want endless augmentation rolls from low-level minimaxers ...

> I like your "no self-respecting hero" logic, BTW - nicely put!

Thanx.

Julian