Re: Re: unconnected questors?

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 19:45:18 +0800

>Common Magic (unless you change it with a house rule) won't provide enough
>oomph to make much of an effect on the Hero Plane, and pretty much by
>definition, that's all the magic a CW will have (from his culture/religion,
>anyway). Common Magic *only* provides augments - and no-one with a shred of
>intelligence is going to spend 20 HP to get another +1 from his common
>magic. Now, you *could* make a house rule that Common Magic works like
>"real" magic in the Hero Plane, but it doesn't as written.

        I imagine it would be possible to complete certain quests using only the appropriate mundane abilities, especially at a high level. Absolutely fraught with peril, but certainly possibly.

        I have written some heroquests that it is perfectly possible to complete using only sufficiently high levels of mundane abilities like 'Very Polite'. Your average PC is likely to try to use force or magic and get the spoils on their terms instead, though.

        Of course, its not recommended and no one in their right mind would do so! And magic is so much more flexible and widely applicable to HeroQuest purposes than most mundane abilities.

	Cheers
		David