Re: augments - in reverse

From: Antonio Álvarez del Cuvillo <antalvarez1976_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 11:16:39 -0000

> Has anyone tried allowing magical Feats to be cast at an enemy to
> anti-augment them? This would be an improvisation to start with
(+5 resistance or more), and would be at range and vs another (which
>in my game would give more resistances).

My players have tried it yesterday, but I would have to make a special rule for these anti-augments. The main problem is that the resistance has to derive of the opponent's abilites. So, if the eurmali wants to reduce grim humakti's Close Combat with his Provoke Laugh feat, the humakti could resist with his Grim ability.

Finally, I don't allow these strange anti-augments. In a Extended Contest, you have to bid some AP's (so, Provoke Laugh could reduce the humakti AP's if the eurmali wins) and you can trade 7 AP's for a penalty of -1, normally. If there's no extended contest, I would apply normal results of simple contest chart (-1, -50%, etc).

Regards,

Antonio