Re: New character creation

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:20:44 -0000

> No question though, players with this affliction owe it to the
> narrators, who have a lot of work to do already, to keep the amount
> of actual reference points to a minimum. This is an advantage of
the
> 100 words, you can say "If it is important enough that you want it
> be absolute fact, put it in the 100 words."

More to the point, if you want to get benefits from it in actual play "my backstory says I have allies in XYZ clan, and I must have area knowledge of Snoznograd because my backstory says I lived there for 3 years" then that should definitely be in the 100 word description.

Basicaly if some aspect of the back story could be expressed as an ability in HW, then it should be in the 100 words. If it's just colour and an aid to playing the character, then you can write as much of it as you like.

Often I find that abilities mentioned in the 100 word writeup need a broader description to be usefull, and that's fine. The extra description simply gives the ability context rather than change it's nature.

Simon Hibbs