Re: Resisting Magic

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 22:32:24 -0000

But a Resist Magic skill only costs 1 HP to increase, whereas an Affinity costs 3 HPs to increase. You may start out worse off but very quickly you will be able to increase the Skill above the affinities.

My players are revealing these sorts of things to me as we progress and they look at the system.

So what my players are going to end up with is CC 6w3, Resist Magic 5w3, all Affinities at 5w and most augmenting skills at 17.

You may think this is min/maxing (which it is) but thats what the rules present to them, and thats how they work with them. I dont see why I should constantly be making fudges to the rules to correct imbalances that my players detect, it is very annoying.

I have warned them by the way that if they dont spread it around I will start attacking their weak points... but they dont care.