Re: Training

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 21:20:03 +0100

kesmith502 wrote:

> Training is mentioned in several of the scenarios both published in
> official, fanzine, and on-line, but I cannot find anything on it in
> the official rules.
>
> I was wondering how others are handling this, and also
> about "downtime" and the increase of abilities, etc.

If a player wants their character to have been doing training between episodes, the player merely says 'my character spends time training'.

As you're asking on the hw-rules list, I guess you mostly want to know how 'training' increases ability ratings. HW already has rules for increasing abilities: spend HPs. As 'training' is unlikely to be 'related' to the previous episode, the HP cost will be double normal.