Cross post from HW on group changes

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 17:48:26 -0000

 If a good-sized majority of the readers here thought it was a good idea, I  would be happy to open a set of forums up at one of my websites. YahooGroups is  very annoying in my opinion, and there are much better choices for running a  forum. (For one example, look at my interactive site at  http://www.differentcomputers.com )

 I've considered doing this anyway, and the minimal (US$8-10/month) cost would  be deductible for me since I can bill it as promotion for Different Games.

 But I DON'T want to thin out the readership by splitting up the group, with  some preferring to continue on Yahoo and others moving elsewhere. That's why I  hesitated in suggesting this in the first place. But if we're going to move or  rename the group anyway, let's move to something where we aren't being  bombarded with refinancing banner ads every 3rd page.

 Also, having set it up for this group, there would be zero effort involved in  hosting all the other HW/Q groups: Miniatures, Pavis Awakes, Prax Writers,  Rules, etc. I'd also be happy to offer Admin status to anyone interested.

 Perhaps a poll?

 Mike
 http://differentgames.onestop.net