Re: HW Hits UK Shops

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 13:57:22 -0400

"Hibbs, Philip" wrote:

> >A suprise to me was that the scenario Hound Tower is in the Narrators
> >book. We were planning to use this for the demo. I am not sure now if
> >this is still a good scenario to choose, since it will have 'used up' one
> >of four episodes for anyone who then buys the rules.
>
> It will give the demo players the advantage that they have already played the
> scenario that they will then run for their group. It worked well for the
> convention demos.

This is a very good point. The Hound Tower demo acts as a 'walk through' for new GM's. We do something similar in the AEG demo 'Who wants to join the Navy?' in that the people who wrote it taught the folks demo-ing it at Origins/GenCon and the folks there run it for their friends/campaign when they get home or when they do demos.

The effect was to propagate a 'good way to run the game' out very rapidly through the gamer population. Hopefully, Hound Tower will have a similar effect.

Jeff