Re: Awkward abilities

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 14:18:01 -0000

So by extension he can't use it where a lucky accident won't help him - so in this instance it would appear to be an ability that can be used to recover from defeat in an attempt to get back into the contest, rather than a general augment on every roll?

A couple of guidelines I think
(1) Can only be used once in any one contest - he can't be lucky every round...
(2) (at the GM's Option) may require a roll of Luck vs Resistance (determined by the GM) in order to take effect. (so if you think he is "pushing his luck" so to speak, you can reflect this by making it less likely that he will be able to ride his luck) (3) A failure with a "luck" roll might be taken as an indication that his luck has deserted him temporarily and something "unlucky" has occurred (this is intended to stop over-reliance on luck, since the cost of failure would be higher than with another ability)

> The other ability is 'intuitive Leap', which would allow his
> character to gues or figure out just about any kind of
> information he might want to know.

Again, I think some sort of Resistance Roll depending on the perceived difficulty of getting from here to there might be called for