Lucky.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 19:16:39 +0100

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 08:52:12AM -0500, Mike Holmes wrote:
> Second, there are no metaphysical abilities in Glorantha that aren't linked
> to some philosophy. That is, there are no "lucky" people, there are people
> who are "Blessed by Orlanth" or are "Mystically Inclined", or whatever.

Hrm, I dunno. Luck is a primal rune (and not one of yer new-fangled ones, either!) -- can't get more metaphysically grounded than that! Admittedly it's rather absent of cultural or magical-method context (just as would be "Stormy", come to that, outwith the context of worship of a particular storm god).

Nor do I think it's really the intent of the game to have any sort of 1:1 mapping between game-world effects (magical or otherwise) and gamemechanical  details. If a character has an ability like "lucky" or "destined to become Emperor of Dara Happa", then that isn't necessarily an observable game-world fact (though one could rationalise either in such terms), but may just be saying something about the story (or likely possible stories) in the game.

It being "too broad" is certainly a valid concern. Various remedies short of outright disallowing such have been suggested, though.

Cheers,
Alex.