Re: Re: Sedenyic Myth Hacking.

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:24:42 -0700

> > Also, I think the resistance is too low - only 10? This is
> *someone* (or
> > some*thing*) you're getting the ability from, not just plucking it
> out of
> > thin air.
>
> A fair point, but the fact is she should be able to just busk
> this as an improvised Otherworld feat anyway with some level
> of penalty. This way if she gets a Marginal or Minor victory,
> which are the most likely outcomes, she gets a chance at -10 or
> -15, which are quite stiff penalties. The question she's asking
> is not realy a hard one 'are there mythic resonances between
> Natha and Orogeria in this case?'. In the general case obviously
> there are, so I don't think it should be too hard to find some
> mythic/philosophical justifications for what she is doing.

Okay, makes sense (though a resistance of 10 still feels low to me :-) ).

And I know that you want the player to have a chance of doing it (for MGF and YesBut, if nothing else); It just seems a little "easy" to me.

On the other hand, I *could* see a "Feat Borrowing" ability in the Lunar Religions as a general thing - not necessarily easy to do, but approved of by the Moon and her priests. "Borrowing" an ability from the same affinity would be relatively easy, from a different affinity much more difficult but still do-able. Yet another way that the Inclusive Lunar Way is better than the others around Her.

Taken to extremes (as players are wont to do) it becomes God-Learnerish experiments in Things Man was Not Meant to Know. How long after borrowing a feat would it be before someone said "Hey, you know, we could borrow an entire affinity." and from then on its a slippery slope to "All things are aspects of the All-Inclusive Moon" and "borrowing" powers from non-lunar gods... )

RR

- Richelieu