Re: Summarizing Changes from HW to HQ?

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:58:24 -0000

Yep. Plus Blessings.

> Feats/Affinities = theist magic

Yep. No change there.

> charms/fetishes= animist or spirit magic???

Yep. Charms are 'lucky charms' which provide a simple augment. Fetishes are a bit more flexible. Animists can also get Spirit Allies and a few other wierd bits. Animists have the easiest time learning Secrets by far.

> talents = some strange new non-otherworldly "magic". IS it actually
magic?

Close. As noted earlier, Talents are personal magic. They are derived from the Middle World and from the magician himself.

> Soooo, with the whole new "diffuse" (as opposed to concentrated)
magic common out
> there in the world, how does the fear and hatred of sorcery
manifest in barbarian/
> theist societies? Is it just that (for example) Heortlings as a
rule don't have any spells
> around?

Sorcery is bad. =) Except for those wierd Torvald guys. They're okay. Kidna. Sorta. Aeolians are still using Sorcery though and they kinda creep out the other heortlings.

> Lastly, if the mechanical cat is out of the bag, is there any
chance that a preview
> rules synopsis might be published before the game comes out?
Issaries did it before
> HW, and it let me begin running a just-starting campaign in HW from
the get-go,
> rather than having to switch from RQ part way through.

That's might be up to Issaries AND SJG...

Of course, the folks who came to Gloranthacon did get previews copies of the game. =)

Jeff