Lucky

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:14:05 +0200

About that Lucky thing :

Technically, and using HQ, I might ask the player to record the Lucky ability in his Personal Magic, so he could use it for Augmentations and not much else.

But I am reminded of people abusing their "Luck Stones" in AD&D, and the whole idea of a Lucky ability makes me feel a bit queasy :

Lucky 5M = +3 in _any_ situation of randomness ... :-/

Although I guess that any big failure during a contest would translate as Bad Luck for the character, which might be enough of a balancing factor.

The character might be looking at random for interesting stuff in his best friend's bedroom, player fumbles, finds five years' worth of passionate love letters from his own wife ... :-(

Ideally, I'd try and remember to find ways of turning the character's Luck against him, but in practice I don't know I'd want to atttach so much narrative importance to one ability of one character !!

I'd hope that play would help narrow the ability down to a gameable commodity.

Julian Lord