Re: HQ Common Magic question

From: reinierd <reinierd_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 01:19:15 -0000

[snip]

> While you _can_ stack lots of augments, having a single affinity is
> not going to let you multi-augment, even if you are a devotee with
> numerous relevant feats. However, several non-magical augments are
> perfectly okay to have.
>
> Theists take a _big_ hit in the power-up game in HeroQuest.

In terms of magic power, then, what is the point of becoming a Devotee? Or, put differently, what is the point of having expensive magic affinities when mundane abilities are much cheaper and also have other uses?

I realize there are lots of reasons for a person to become a Devotee that have nothing to do with power gaming, but for the moment I am interested in the power dynamics.