Re: Re: HQ Common Magic question

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 20:03:03 -0700

> In terms of magic power, then, what is the point of becoming a
> Devotee? Or, put differently, what is the point of having expensive
> magic affinities when mundane abilities are much cheaper and also
> have other uses?
>
> I realize there are lots of reasons for a person to become a Devotee
> that have nothing to do with power gaming, but for the moment I am
> interested in the power dynamics.

Because a devotee's feats will allow him to do things (like, say, Leap Over Trees, or Run Over Water) which are normally "impossible", where an initiate's affinities only give him a (small) augment to a mundane skill and, when using feats, your resistance is often only 14 instead of the tree's "Tall 13w4".

- Richelieu