Re: Augments?

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 22:02:24 -0000

Yeah. The rules have apparently been rewritten under the assumption that common sense is in short supply. Probably just as well.

> > First folks complain that they could only use one
> > non-magical augment.
> > Now they complain there are too many mundane
> > augments... there's no pleasing people! =)
>
> No, no, not complaining, just a little worried. I know
> (some of) my players :(

No problem! I was being a little bit bit facetious. In the augment thing, it may be that the pendulum has swung the other way (towards non-magical augments) too far.

I know that I have mixed feelings about the new follower rules. They make for much more flexible and _interesting_ folks. But they are strictly tied to numbers now, not the hero's abilities. It removes the uberfollower but followers become increaseingly fragile as the game progresses (unless you want to upgrade your sidekicks with precious, precious HP).

> So, just out of interest, is it divide by 10 and round
> up? Or what?

10-14, round down
15-19, round up

Most character stats will start at 17, which gives a +2 auto augment. Those things which start at 13 give a +1.

I just noticed that the way that the Charms work in HeroQuest are very similar to the Beast charms used by Odayalans in Storm Tribe.

Hope this helps!

Jeff