Re: Re: HQ Common Magic question and Augments

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 14:38:19 +0100

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 07:03:42PM -0000, Jeff wrote:
> Please, don't go into the Otherworld stuff again.

That seems difficult, if I ask a question about magic, without so much as mentioning the other side, and am answered _with specific reference_ to said Otherworlds.

> The game is set up
> now in HQ around clearly defined otherworlds who all share access to
> the HeroPlane and mundane world. I think that the concepts are much
> better described in HeroQuest. Certainly, I am much more comfortable
> about them. The otherworlds are much more clearly defined now. Each
> has a very distinct feel to it.
>
> But then, I've never been one for deep cosmological matters. I have
> sheep to herd and a family to feed. What do I care for these matters?
>
> Voriof's such a practical guy. =)

If HQ is set up in such a way that I play common magic (among other things) without such concerns, then fine and dandy. If it's not, then frankly I'll play it without worrying much about them anyway, but it seems a legitimate rules point to ask what cosmological hoops narrators are expected to jump through so to do.

In other words: if HQ presents what's common magic (and what's a feat, etc) in terms of Duck Tests, rather than GL world models, I'll be entirely happy.

Cheers,
Alex.