Possessed by a sometimes useful spirit

From: Alexandre Lanciani <takenegi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:23:02 +0100

Hi all!

A player in my campaign wants a character possessed by a basically harmful spirit, but that can sometimes give him useful prophetic insights. What is the best way to portray this? I have found two possible solutions:

  1. A follower with a "prophecy" ability and a flaw which is the spiritīs ability to make the character act as it wants, resisted with the relationship.
  2. A "prophecy" ability for the character and a flaw, which has the same meaning as above, but is resisted with whatever ability is more relevant to the situation.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Cheers, Alex.