Re: Shamans in HeroQuest

From: Dave Camoirano <DaveCamo_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 09:24:41 -0400

Hi!

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 03:26 PM, drpachyderm wrote:

> I noticed that the tradition (practice?) detailed in the Imperial
> Lunar Handbook lists its Secret as the awakening of the fetch. The
> implication being that a starting character with a max ability of 5W
> would not be able to be a Shaman.
>
> Is this how it's going to work for all Shamans in HeroQuest?

The short answer is Not Exactly.

A character can start with an ability higher than 5W but a starting character (under the power level described) cannot be a shaman. However, the power levels are not exactly equal between theism and animism. A shaman isn't the same as a devotee.

Now, a character *can* join a shamanic practice without being a shaman (and should, really).

Dave