Re: Re: Close Combat

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 01:11:48 +0100

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 08:10:56AM -0700, David Dunham wrote:
> BTW, I don't really think the change in question makes much
> difference (thanks to improvisation), but I disagree with Jeff as to
> whether a single Close Combat ability is a crock.

I think you're right on both counts, and really, the one implies the other -- the similarity of effect is enough that neither can really be a crock, without the other likewise being... Personally I think both are fine in practice, but have a marginal preference for the "new" rule. It's not as if people have been complaining about what a huge problem the "old" rule was up to this point, before HQ changed it. Least of all Jeff. ;-)

We come to praise HQ (hopefully), not to bury HW...

Cheers,
Alex.