Re: Re: Shamans in HeroQuest

From: Dave Camoirano <DaveCamo_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 04:21:48 -0400

Hi!

On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 10:48 AM, drpachyderm wrote:

> > Hi!
> >
> > The short answer is Not Exactly.
> >
> > A [...] starting
> > character (under the power level described) cannot be a shaman.
>

> (obviously, I've snipped a lot)
>

> I'd like to run a game of HeroQuest as soon as I can get my grubby
> hands on a copy.
>
> I'd like to know as many constraints on PC character creation as
> possible. It sounds like "no shamans" is one constraint. Can
> characters start off as devotees? Can characters start off as
> Wizards/Sorcerers?

Well, apparently the draft I have is a couple weeks out of date :-)

Someone who knows the secret of a shamanic practice can awaken *a* fetch, not just *their* fetch so yes, you can start as a shaman (and you've been able to start as a devotee in all drafts I've seen). This is, of course, at narrator discretion.

The sorcery rules have been drastically revamped so I wouldn't recommend even trying to put together a sorcery/monotheist character until you've read the rules.

Camo