Re: Re: HeroQuest at the printer!

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 23:51:23 +0100

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 02:57:57PM -0700, Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:
> And for your information, I've been told that I do "Innocent" extremely
> well, so there :-p

And your informants, _they_ kept a straight face at the time? ;-) Possibly I'm being unfair to your physiognomy by using outside information as to your actual guilt, though...

*flees and makes arrangements to attend Tentacles under heavy disguise as a foot shorter and Dutch*

> > I plead a combination of on the one hand, stunned pleasure that we
> > have a games shop _at all_, and on the other, a priority-seizing horror
> > that they're charging 45EUR for Puerto Rico, 25EUR for Settlers
> > expansions, etc. To expect, nay, even _hope_ that they'd sell a RPG that
> > I'd actually want to buy seems... almost indecently optimistic.

> Since I haven't priced PR or Settlers (not my style, mostly, and I don't
> have the gelt for 'em even if I did want 'em) are those good prices (so
> you'd be likely to buy those instead of a nice, cushy RPG) or so overpriced
> that you fear for what HQ will run?

Those are so overpriced that I gasped in "shock and awe" so great that no thoughts of other types of game entered by impressionable post-  head at the time. (Roughly double what one would pay from a discount outlet in the US or Germany. Probably, sadly, not at all out of line with what one normally pays in the UK and Ireland in a bona fide actual floor-space retailer...)

Cheers,
Alex.