Re: Re: HeroQuest at the printer!

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:14:57 +0100

> Damn, *that* I'd like to see, but unfortunately, my (non-existant) finances
> prohibit me from the journey this year. So you can attend as your normal
> self...this year.

Hah, you say that now, but I know of your various Black Ops outfits, and will take every precaution accordingly. Certainly one or two hefeweisse elementary channeling exercises, in Brookian style, for one thing.

> Urk. It is tough to support our FLGSs when they price this way. Well, that's
> what you get when you live in the back of beyond. (My nearest store is 60
> miles away, but at least she uses the MSRP).

Our FLGS claims to use "list price", but it's far from clear which "list" this would be. I think ordering wholesale from the UK is the killer; I've ordered _retail_ from Germany and the US and paid less than they reputedly do wholesale for some items, which is more than a little alarming. I think they find it difficult to order in volume that would justify using a non-local distributer, and with those prices, hard to increase volume (which I'm sure has a natural ceiling anyway). Catch-22, corollary 3b.

Anyhow, this is getting rampagingly off-topic, so until I can drag it back on with how much they duly charge for HQ...

Cheers,
Alex.