Re: guns

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:46:45 -0700

RR

> > maybe you could give guns a multiplier.
> > Perhaps a pistol does 2x the normal AP "damage" and a rifle 3x.
>> Otherwise the optimum strategy is to hide behind a wall and shoot (3
>> AP bid).
>
>That *is* usually the optimum strategy in a gun battle! At least where
>optimum means "come out of it alive" rather than "injure or drive off
>opponents" :-)

That thought did cross my mind, but it also crossed my mind that lots of movies don't show heroes that way (not that it's Cthuloid, but Star Wars comes to mind). Yeah, you use cover as appropriate, but you need to blaze wildly in order to have an impact.

--

David Dunham   dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html