Re:guns

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:46:42 -0700

Christian

>In my view the difference is that you never fire more than one missile at a
>time in opposition to automatic weapons that fire up to thirty
>bullets at once.

While I understand the temptation to think this way, no HeroQuest action is necessarily a single missile or sword swing. A bid of 18 AP could easily be described as "I jump up and fire three arrows as fast as I can at the Imperial Mastodon."

Jim

>Haven't Edges gone in Heroquest?

No, and that's a good thing. What's gone is their use in routine situations, which I never liked. They are still there for unusual circumstances, like a giant's club.

>Personally, I would not distinguish between a personally risky attack
>and firing a lot of bullets all at once.

I would, and that's where edges (or my suggested multiplier rule) would come in. Edges reflect the fact that some low-risk attacks can still result in significant harm to the defender's position.

--

David Dunham   dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html