Re:guns

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:41:16 -0700

epweissengruber:

>David, what IS your multiplier rule again?

I'm sure it's easy to find in the archives, but I'll restate:

Caveat: this has never been tested.

Goals:
1. Guns should do a lot of "damage" without a whole lot of risk. 2. Avoid the mathematical problem of edges (best strategy is to be 1 AP) and encourage risk-taking

Instead of giving guns an edge, they have a multiplier, applied if the action succeeds. So if a .22 pistol has a x2 multiplier, and you stake 5 AP, you lose 5 AP if you lose the exchange, but yoru opponent loses 10 AP if you win the exchange. If a .45 pistol has a x4 multiplier, you'd lose 5 AP or he'd lose 20 AP.

It still might be a good idea to stake 1 AP with a pistol, but it's probably no longer the optimum strategy.

--

David Dunham   dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html