Re: Staging Healing

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:17:06 -0700

Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...> wrote:

> Of course, if it's something that seems
> blatantly obvious ("A broo just hit Oddi with an axe!") someone
> might just dive into action without a diagnosis. Which gives the
> opportunity for the GM to pull a bait and switch if they do it once
> too often.

If the players think anything about a broo attack is "obvious", boy do you have surprises in store for them! Was the axe poisoned? Is Oddi infected with something? Is a demon infesting the wound? Is Oddi pregnant now? Broos are nasty... (And, yes, I think a broo is quite capable of having an axe with the "impregnate foe with broo larva" ability. Not their *preferred* way of making babies, but you do what you can...)