Re: Staging Healing

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:35:39 +0100

Much good stuff.

All I can add is some preparatory material I made for a recent episode in which, among other things, the characters (err, mostly Bruce's character, actually), had to deal with people wounded by a Lunar meteor attack on a Heortling settlement. The opponent was the attack as a whole, for which I prepared a table of possible AP bids. Here are the entries pertaiing to healing.

INCONSEQUENTIAL BIDS:
A crying girl exits a partially collapsed byre house; she clutches a head wound caused by a falling rock.

A cow bellows in distress.

NORMAL BID:
A carl crouches on the ground, in great pain, clutching his horribly twisted arm.

A worried women carries the limp form of her daughter.

An exploding meteor flings stones and shattered timber into the air, which rains down on people in the open.

A man hobbles along on a makeshift crutch, his face contorted in pain.

DETERMINED BID:
A women is bleeding profusely from a neck wound. A huge quantity of rubble traps her legs: she must be treated in situ.

A meteor explodes in the open, flinging shrapnel through the swarming clansmen. Many fall to the ground.

A herder runs screaming through the bury. A red glowing rock fragment is embedded in his upper left arm. It burns with a crimson flame.