Re: Secondary skills

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:33:52 +0100 (BST)

Nick wrote:
>I made sure I had either (at least) entry-level
>abilities, or the equivalents, or failing that a
>damn good excuse for *not* possessing them,

At a tangent nut...

My current character, Feren the Skald, was brought to life by a mistake. His 100 word write up had him 'renowned as a tracker' and this is the ability I dutifully created on his character sheet. But I failed to also request a tracking ability for the phrase, and by the time I noticed my mistake, my reputation far exceeded my ability (the default 6). However, rather than requiring fixing, Feren's continual efforts to avoid having to demonstrate the ability for which he has earned such a reputation ("Well why don't you youngster's show me what you can do, eh") are now a considerable cause of campaign amusement. I'm sure a tale lies in there somewhere about how Feren gained his undeserved reputation, but it remains to be revealed.

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)07970-411892 (M)0207-337-6217 (W)

"Give the kids tools, so they can go build their own houses; not the blueprint of what the houses should be." Tori Amos

Yahoo! Plus - For a better Internet experience http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/yplus/yoffer.html