Re: Secondary skills

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:30:40 -0000

A descriptive term that everyone seems to have understood ).

> What this means is that if you give the players more HPs to
> spend, their best abilities do not tend to increase
> proportionately faster. Instead, the extra points tend to get
> spread across a wider range of abilities. In other words, giving
> more HPs leads to more rounded characters, not more powerful
> characters per se.
>
> Simon Hibbs

Unfortunately my players are a bit combat fixated, in particular the Humakti, which is probably reasonable. If I give them more HPs they buy up CC 2 pts (at a cost of 3) and save the other 2 HPs for bumps. They dont spread them around at all... each to his own.

The obvious solution is to bring in more and varied skill usage, reduce the importance of combat etc.