Re: Re: Hero Bands powers

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:52:35 -0700

> >Until the standard is "killed", the Guardian inside it can't escape,
> >and is not "available" for the regiment to re-embody. Bye bye
> >regiment!
>
> Unless a young man invalided out of the regiment, following a
> treacherous barbarian attack, is able to restore his father's honor
> by venturing in disguise into barbarian country and discovering what
> truly happened to his father's Rinliddi legion, and reclaim its lost
> standard - The Eagle of The Ninth.

All the Real World concern over the fate of the standard (Roman signifers leaping into the midst enemy to ensure that the unit advances, Capturing one of Napolean's Eagles or the King's Colors, etc) should be used as a base for how the regiment feels about the Guardian object, then multiply it by 10 or 20! The standard *is* the unit much more than the men of the rank & file.

RR
- Richelieu