Re: Crunching Up Contests

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 16:14:02 -0000

> Sounds like most RPG combat systems out there: Roll to Hit,
>Roll to Damage.

That's not a coincidence.

> Some systems even have the "To Hit" roll modify the "Damage" roll.
>
> Not to say that it isn't a useful model to use in play (which is
why so many
> RPGs use it). You'd also have to decide how to split your Weapon
> Bonus/Edge - All on To Hit, All on to Damage or a split between the
two.

I'd like to keep that flexible, because this mechanic could be adapted to many different situations, not just combat. It may not be a groundbreaking idea, but I also don't see any reason to avoid such an approach, especialy since Edges are being deprecated anyway.

Simon Hibbs