Re: Soldier in the Mist

From: scopir <scopir_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 06:08:23 -0000

Hello Theo;

I've given this matter some thought as well. Soldier of the Mist is EXCELLENT, but so are the ancient celtic invasion mythos. I've been thinking about a campaign that combines Soldier of the Mist with Slaine comics.

All the tribes that invaded Ireland came from Spain. The Tuatha de Danaan came specifically from four cities in Spain. They defeated the Firbolg, (men of Bags), and fought the Fomorians. The Romans, centuries later called the Picts "Caledonians". The Greeks called Spain Caledonia...HMMM.

I've recently been thinking about a "Dawn of Man" type of bronze age world, where the Greeks are still worshipping the Titans, and the Celts are still in Spain, thus they would be Caledonians. The Ice Age still covers Northern Europe, and orcs, (firbolg), Fomorians, Jotuns, and other troll tribes rule the northern plains.

 Historically, the Tuatha ded Danaan were harassed in the Mediterranean by philistines! They sought refuge and there own homeland in Ireland. The Bronze age Greeks evolved from a matriarchal goddess religion centered around Gaia to a pantheon of gods when Chronos slew Uranus, the primordial chaos god. The tribes of the goddess Danu, however, kept there goddess centered religion, and were perhaps persecuted.

Perhaps using iron weapons, but in a primordial bronze age, a legendary age, all these heroic societies could be combined. This is Hero Wars after all.