Re: Soldier in the Mist

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:22:51 -0400

scopir writes:
> Hello Theo;
>
> I've given this matter some thought as well. Soldier of the
> Mist is EXCELLENT, but so are the ancient celtic invasion
> mythos. I've been thinking about a campaign that combines
> Soldier of the Mist with Slaine comics.

This may be a bit of a heretical suggestion, but I think that Mongoose Publication's adaption of the Slaine comics for D20 are very, very good. They do a great job of adapting the Slaine background to gaming purposes; indeed, the four part campaign they've provided seems quite functional, and aspects of its plot and background could easily be adapted to Glorantha, or indeed HeroQuest adapted for use in the Young Kingdoms.

As for Soldier of the Mist/Soldier of Arete, I believe that Tor recently released the two collected together in an Orb trade paperback called "Latro In The Mist". The Orb treatments of Wolfe's work are very handsome indeed, and I understand that this is the only way that Tor will be releasing Wolfe's work in the future (he's not a "mainstream" author, but one of "quality" in their consideration, and will get the trade-paper only treatment as a result).

--
viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
                              +--+